Energy & Climate Change Junior Consultant - Building sector
Job description :
CLIMACT is growing and looking for talented individuals.
The Buildings team facilitates the transition to a climate-neutral built environment with a specific focus on buildings energy renovation.
The job, as part of a great team of experienced consultants, includes the following responsibilities :
- Further development and leveraging of CLIMACT expertise and credentials in the transition towards a climate-neutral buildings stock, in Belgium and in Europe
- Development and impact assessment of emission reduction (policy) action plans in the buildings sector
- Technical and financial quantification of energy efficiency and renewable energy measures in the buildings sector
- Stakeholder dialogue facilitation in the energy renovation market
The position will also include
- Preparation of proposals for private and public organizations in the buildings sector at local, regional and EU levels.
- Full ownership and management of various projects in the building sector, including understanding and leveraging the EPBD directive and renovation strategies.
- Research and analyses related to energy & climate change questions, in close collaboration with stakeholders from the buildings sector.
- Field data collection and interpretation to design renovation strategies, action plans and pilot projects.
Job requirements :
Potential candidates should present the following experience and skills :
- University degree or equivalent with a strong interest in energy and climate change related issues
- Financial and technical knowledge of Energy Efficiency, Renewable Energies and Low Carbon technologies
- 2 to 3 years of relevant experience in the construction or renovation sector and/or in sustainability is a plus
- Highly creative and autonomous, with strong teamwork skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong empathy and customer relations management skills
- Experience with or knowledge in data mining, data analysis and modelling tools is a plus
- Good communication skills (FR, NL & EN) – bilingual is a plus