Energy & Climate Change Junior Consultant - Energy sector
The Regulatory team facilitates the transition to a climate-neutral environment with a specific focus on issues relating to the design and implementation of renewable and low-carbon energy policy measures (green certificates, energy sharing, green gas, sustainability criteria, etc.) as well supporting projects developed by private and public economic operators in Belgium.
As part of a team of experienced legal and technical consultants, includes the following responsibilities:
- Support for the administration in designing or recasting renewable electricity support schemes (LCOE calculation, GHG emission reduction calculation).
- Support for project developers in the design of renewable energy production plants (feasibility studies, compliance with energy efficiency and GHG emission reduction requirements, assessment of the effective level of support).
- Support for green energy producers (green certificates application and issuing control, bioenergy sustainability certification, flexible grid connection and energy sharing)
- Support for green energy consumers (selection criteria for green electricity and biomethane purchases)
- Preparation of proposals for private and public organizations in the renewable energy sector at local, regional and EU levels.
- Further development and leveraging of CLIMACT expertise and credentials in the implementation of the Renewable Energy Directive and Internal Electricity or Gas Market directives and related European regulations.
- Research and analyses related to energy & climate change questions, in close collaboration with stakeholders from the renewable energy sector.
- Field data collection and interpretation to design renewable energy strategies, action plans and pilot projects.
- Technical and financial quantification of renewable energy measures.
- Stakeholder consultation and dialogue facilitation in the renewable energy sector.